“…the most fun lies in seeing and studying the unknown.”
― Aldo Leopold,
Explore. Learn. Discover.
Featuring stunning beauty and unique habitats, Turkey Creek Nature Preserve offers a wide range of educational programs that stimulate a student’s mind and invigorate their senses. For participants, the opportunity for discovery is virtually limitless within the Preserve’s 466-acres.
Every year we host thousands of students from all over the region in a wide range of studies in science, history, and social sciences that meet STEM and the Alabama State Department of Education College and Career-Ready Standards.
General Program Information:
- Our programs have been developed for participants ranging in age from 3rd grade through high school. Some programs are developmentally-appropriate for specific age ranges.
- All programs take approximately 2.5 hours each. Programs are offered anytime between 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- We can accept up to three classes at a time, with a maximum of 60 students per day. Smaller groups are preferred.
- To explore detailed information for each program, click each option below:
- Our programs are $10/per participant
- We do not charge for teachers, but we do ask that all non-teacher chaperones/parents contribute as participants
- There is a $250 minimum per program
- All fees are due within 48 hours of the program
- Please provide a 48-hour notice prior to cancellation
- All programs cancelled with less than 48 hour notice or without rescheduling will be charged a $200 cancellation fee
- Program coordinators will monitor the weather closely, and notify your group the day prior in the event of a necessary rescheduling due to inclement weather.
How To Reserve A Program:
If you cannot arrange for a trip to Turkey Creek, we can come to you! For information about how we can visit your classroom, please email our Wildlife Care Naturalist at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 205.833.8284 ex: 16