“…the most fun lies in seeing and studying the unknown.”
― Aldo Leopold,
Explore. Learn. Discover.
Featuring stunning beauty and unique habitats, Turkey Creek Nature Preserve offers a wide range of educational programs that stimulate a student’s mind and invigorate their senses. For participants, the opportunity for discovery is virtually limitless within the Preserve’s 466-acres.
Every year we host thousands of students from all over the region in a wide range of studies in science, history, and social sciences that meet STEM and the Alabama State Department of Education College and Career-Ready Standards.
From unique environmental hands-on environmental programs to in-depth historical explorations, Turkey Creek Nature Preserve offers programs for every age and interest. To explore detailed information for each program, click each option below:
General Program Information
- Our programs have been developed for participants ranging in age from 3rd grade- college level. Some programs are developmentally-appropriate for specific age ranges.
- All programs take approximately 2 hours each. Programs can be reserved for morning or afternoon time-frames.
- For large groups (60 students+), we highly encourage reserving a double program (9am-2pm) if possible to ensure quality program delivery.
- Field Trip Programs: $10 per student per program with a minimum charge of $200 (20 participants)
- Offsite Visitations: $200 for 1-hour program with a maximum class size of 30 participants. $25 for each additional 25 students.
- All fees are due the day of the program.
- Please provide a 48-hour notice prior to cancellation
- All programs cancelled with less than 48 hour notice or without rescheduling will be charged a $75 cancellation fee
- Program coordinators will monitor the weather closely, and notify your group the day prior in the event of a necessary rescheduling due to inclement weather.
How to reserve a program:
To reserve your program, please see our TC Program Reservation Checklist.
If you do not see a program that best fits your group, send us an email, and we will work with you to develop something that will!
If you cannot arrange for a trip to Turkey Creek, we can come to you! For information about how we can visit your classroom, please click HERE